Annie Strack Videos

Annie Strack's celebrated show Painting Seascapes in Watercolor is broadcast on television stations around the country -- Now you can order your own DVD of the popular show that viewers are raving about!

Painting Seascapes in Watercolor - a complete watercolor workshop on DVD with award winning maritime artist Annie Strack





Paint along with this popular workshop instructor as you learn how to:


  • Paint reflections and shadows
  • Depict movement in water
  • Paint wet-on-wet and dry brush
  • Paint washes and glazes
  • Use masking fluid and lift color
  • Design good composition
  • Use colors and values effectively






    Order the full one-hour DVD Now!

  • $24.95 plus $5 for shipping and handling



    Letters from viewers
    Hi Annie,
    I enjoyed meeting you and purchasing your DVD. The DVD was great! I got to learn a few more things to help me to paint with watercolors. The DVD also refreshed my memory on some things I have learned and haven't been using. Thanks so much. Hope to see you at your next workshop,
    Brenda L.


    Annie, I love the video "The Red Dinghy." Got lots of good tips! Let me know if you do another!
    Love, Maurine G.


    Hi Annie,Love this video clip of you new DVD of How to Paint Seascapes in Watercolor! It looks like you have made it easy to follow/paint along and learn some great watercolor techniques. Seeing how you did the clouds and sky was very cool.~Deborah B.

    WOW! I LOVE your DVD! I'm having a great time learning the technique. At first I procrastinated because I was afriad that I couldn't do it, but once I got started, I am really enjoying it. I'm so excited - you make it so easy that I forget that I never did this style before! Thanks, Nancy Nuce

     I am so looking forward to getting your DVD. i really liked the demo and think i can learn a great deal from you. Thank you so much, for sharing your talent! ~  Chris Crist

    Annie, I Love your art and it has been a pleasure following your tweets. As a boater on the beautiful Chesapeake, I  see quite a bit of maritime art and quite honestly, you are among the very best! ~ Eva Marie Ruhl

    I just finished watching your DVD, "Painting Seascapes in Watercolor" for the hundredth time. I'm a senior citizen trying to teach myself how to use watercolor. I'm a visual learner and your explanations (simple, easily understood) and demonstrations were wonderful. You cleared up a great deal of anxiety I have about what and what not to do. I'll never be a Grandma Moses, but I just love this medium. I just regret not living in your area where I could participate in workshops. Thanks for your help and the pleasure I received from watching your DVD. ~ Pauline Zedlovich




    Sponsored in part by a grant from the Louisiana Cultural Economy Foundation Follow Annie's board watercolor painting tips on Pinterest.

    posted by Annie Strack @   12 comments

    12 Comments:

    At 4:57 PM, Blogger artress said...

    Very Nice, Video Aldonia

     
    At 11:52 AM, Blogger Tom Conboy said...

    Very nice. Going to add this to my "Need To Get" list!!

    Tom

     
    At 12:37 AM, Blogger Chris said...

    Annie, i was wondering if your DVD will work on a Mac. I recently purchased a dvd and was disappointed it wouldn't work on my mac. I would love to purchase this if it works. Beautiful! Chris crist <chriscrist123@gmail.com)

     
    At 6:34 AM, Blogger Annie Strack said...

    Hi Chris,
    I don't know anything about Macs, so I have no idea about how a Mac plays DVDs. I would think it would have to do with the DVD player software you have installed on the Mac? I have a PC, and can play DVDs using Quick Play or Windows Media Player, but I don't know what Mac uses to play DVDs. You'd have to ask someone who knows about Mac software.
    Annie

     
    At 4:56 PM, Blogger Chris said...

    Thanks Annie, i believe it's windows player for the mac too. I think the dvd i ordered was very old"Quintin Gregory" so hopefully that was the problem. I haven't run into that before so wanted to check before ordering any more dvd's. Sooo i guess i will order yours now! Thanks

     
    At 5:27 PM, Blogger Annie Strack said...

    thanks Chris -- just Processed your order, will be shipped 1st thing in the morning!
    My dvd distributor told me there is about a 1% failure rate on dvds, so that could also be a reason why your mac couldn't play the Gregory dvd.
    If you have any problems with mine let me know, and I'll replace it or refund, at your preference!
    Annie

     
    At 8:18 AM, Blogger kathy said...

    Would this be a good teaching aid for a 14 year old?

     
    At 11:34 AM, Blogger Annie Strack said...

    Hi Kathy, There's plenty of painting tips and secrets in the DVD that appeal to advanced painters, but all the techniques and steps shown in the DVD are presented very clearly -- making it easy for students or beginners to follow, regardless of age :)

     
    At 8:53 AM, Blogger BeverlyJRaffaele said...

    Love your work Annie! Where can I get the masking fluid you use? Thank you, Beverly J Raffaele "ForArtistsandWriters.com"

     
    At 10:27 AM, Blogger Annie Strack said...

    Hi Beverly! I use Windsor & Newton masking fluid. My tips for using masking fluid are at http://anniestrack.blogspot.com/2009/05/tips-for-using-watercolor-masking-fluid.html

     
    At 8:32 AM, Blogger ahmed said...

    Hi Annie, I'm an artist but love your medium. I live in Nigeria, western Africa region and very passionate for art and would be glad to name you a very great mentor. I can't really stream your video because our local government just got some issues with that but out of anxiety, I would be glad if you suggest a way out... Looking forward to hearing from you ... My email: yuscoonline@yahoo.com

     
    At 8:40 PM, Blogger Carmen Licia Palazzo said...

    YES, Annie's DVD works very well in MAC, I bought it and it works! :)

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023